View Single Post
February 17th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Marathoning Mom to 4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariussweety21 View Post
Thank you. Ya, I am really nervous about it. Especially after reading that. I am just nervous because she said there are risks to the baby if the infection gets worse or obviously if it goes into my blood stream. I don't know what to do. I am thinking of just letting it be. I have already been feeling better anyways.
I was also in your situation, where all my drs agreed that my ear infection was so nasty, that left untreated, I could lose my hearing. Also, they all agreed that you absolutely can not leave strep untreated in a pregnant woman, it's not something that will heal itself and at some point, put the baby at risk. So, all my drs concurred that the risks far outweighed the harm to me and baby. I would suggest further consulting with your OB before making a decision either way. I was tempted to not take my course of meds, either, until my MW went into detail of what can happen down the line to me and baby if an infection like strep is left untreated. I'm not sure why she'd prescribe the meds she did for you when the much-safer pencillin based ones should knock it out. Are you allergic to penicillin by chance? I would definitely be calling with more questions to see if it's absolutely necessary and if so, can they try a milder antibiotic before using one that strong, KWIM?
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; February 17th, 2012 at 06:40 AM.