View Single Post
February 17th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyearl View Post
Yay! That is so so so so exciting!! We are going to build a house while i'm building a baby. Probably, though, the baby will be born first since plans never run as smoothly as you want them too. It's not ideal, but we are tight on space with 3 boys in a room right now.

We are working with the bank now to get pre-approved and everything so we can actually go lot shopping. Hope to start the build process late March.

And yes, buying a house IS a headache. But, you're right - it is worth it. Just try to be smart about your finances and save yourself lots of headache later. When they qualify you for a certain amount, they don't consider any other expenses you have like groceries, entertainment, charity, clothing, whatever. So you are the one that has to be mindful of that because nearly every Realtor out there will push you to buy the biggest house you can "afford." What you deserve, though, isn't to "have the best" but to have money in your pocket at the end of the day. To not be stressed out financially because you got in over your head - or just at nose level in the water. Mortgage lenders don't consider how much money you wish to put into savings each month, or unexpected expenses such as your car dying (it will someday, right? Why not plan for it now) Christmas presents (they come around every year) etc.

What you deserve is to live comfortably, not to be always worrying about making ends meet because you spent the max possible the bank will lend you.
I'll get off my soap box now. lol
trust me, you are preaching to the choir right now!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee