View Single Post
February 21st, 2012, 06:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
First off, I know you can do it!!!

I'm sure you don't remember, but Noah was 8lb 13oz and while I know every woman is different, he was a difficult baby to birth. The doctors thought he was stuck and he even came out with one hand by his face. I was able to do it, naturally, too, but it wasn't easy.

I had this conversation with my doula too about what happens if she is going to be just as big or bigger. Obviously neither her nor I are doctors, but in her experience, since this is my second child and I've given birth to a bigger baby, that even if this one is just as big, my body should know what to do and it won't be as difficult.

Also I just wanted to suggest that you start preparing yourself now, both mentally and physically. Start doing pelvic rocks, kegels, and other exercises to strengthen your pelvic muscles so you can do the work when it comes time. Maybe look into reading a few books or take a natural birthing class. I never took hypnobabies, but I know a large part of thier theory is affirmations. Think to yourself "i can do this". Put together a birth plan.

And of course, keep coming back here and asking lots of questions.

My Blog