View Single Post
February 29th, 2012, 01:09 PM
So i came across this womans site last night and she had me fuming, she is an OB that i believe has not been practicing for some time. She writes a blog against NCB, namely home birth. Now i could understand people being worried about the risks of a home birth, but this woman is seemingly against any unmedicated birth in any setting. When people question her she attacks them instead of giving them information, she skews facts to scare people and uses language like fascists and narcissists to describe people that don't love medicated childbirth. She's for epidurals, episiotomy, women having no say in their birth, doctors doing c-sections whenever they want to. Her followers call natural child birth advocates a "cult" and enjoy making fun of anyone that wants to have a nice unmedicated birth saying they only care about themselves, and that the only thing that matters is the end result not how you get there, they make fun of doulas and believe them unnecessary. I just wanted to share this i guess to kind of vent, i had to tell someone because i was so very pissed off, and if i ever got a doctor like her i would be very afraid.

The Skeptical OB