View Single Post
March 10th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone:
Last May(2010) we were excited to know that I was expecting again, baby #3, after 8 months of trying. Unfortunately I was cramping a lot, thinking it was just my uterus stretching and not wanting to be panicky about it, I let it go. But then June 30 I had suddenly started to bleed excessively at 13 weeks. I was told I was probably having a miscarriage as there was too much blood for a baby to survive, after doing an ultrasound, the doctors seen that our baby was moving around a lot. After a closer look on the Ultrasound they found I had a Blood Clot of 15cmx7cmx8cm. The doctors put me on strict bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. We prayed that the Lord would save our baby. After a long summer of bleeding, spotting, and cramping, we made it to 31 weeks and 1 day at which I started active labour and my water broke, at this point my clot had only shrunk to 8cm, usually by this time the clot should have completely dissolved we were told. Because our baby was breach, she was delivered via emergency c-section, weighing in at 3lbs12oz. Thankfully I was already in the hospital for a week being monitored due to severe cramping, and our OB started giving me Steroid injections for our baby's lungs. Our little girl was able to come home safely after 6 weeks in the NICU. We are so thankful to say that at 4months (2months corrected) she weighs 12lbs 1oz and is doing very well. So there is hope, I feel for anyone who is going through this, it is very hard mentally and physically. I pray the Lord will carry you through as He has for us. I remember when we went through it, there were not too many positive stories for those who experienced very large blood clots. So I hope this helps with giving hope. I honestly think the bed rest and prayer is what saved our baby. I did not do anything except for occasionally a few dishes and a couple loads of laundry. My husband did all the heavy lifting and our church family cooked for us most of the time.

Last edited by arrivedsafely; March 19th, 2012 at 10:00 AM.