View Single Post
March 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Mommy Strawberry
Oh I guess I'm first. Hi ladies, I'm Sara. I'm in the April DDC, this is our 3rd baby, our oldest two are 15 (well, she will be next week) and 10. Baby Amelia is coming on the 19th of April.

I'm not sure what you ladies have tried, but I could have been in this group twice, once for my 10 year old and then for this baby. My oldest was conceived on birth control. Then when she was about 1 1/2, we started trying to have baby #2. It took 2 1/2 years to conceive him, with a miscarriage in between. Both times though, it took me losing weight to get pregnant. I currently weigh now (at 8 months pregnant) what I weighed when I got pregnant with my boy. I had weighed 260 and then my DH told me we were leaving Georgia (Army spouse) and going to Texas and I was so happy to leave Georgia that I lost weight from excitement, about 40 pounds. 3 months into living in Texas, I found out I was pregnant with him. When he was 6 months, DH and I started talking about our last baby and since it took 2 1/2 years to have him, we went off DEPO and started trying right away and promptly had 5 miscarriages (all early, within the first month and a half) over the next few years. It was discouraging and my weight crept back up, we were dealing with lots of problems with our oldest children. Both of my elder two have autism and my 15 year old is severely autistic with mental retardation. My weight went back up to 260 and then I joined a weight loss group, got serious about it the second year in and went back down to 220 and my period returned semi-normally (when I'm heavy, it comes about every 4 or 5 months). Then we got orders to Colorado and left Texas and I joined a new weight loss group here and during my DH's last deployment (that ended early June) I lost another 40 pounds (and then promptly put 10 back on the minute he got home it seems). I was down to 190 in August when we conceived. My periods were at 33.5 days the whole deployment and then in June they evened out to every 28 days. I don't know what else to tell you, for me ladies, it was losing weight that got me pregnant (and exercise, I can't wait to get back in the gym). I'm a devout Christian and my only prayer during those long 9 1/2 years was "Lord, if you don't have another baby in store for us, then please take my longing away for one" and He never did, I always knew we had one more in store, but of course I'm impatient and didn't know when it would happen. There was no positions or fertility drugs (twins run in our family and we only wanted 3 kiddos, not 4). I did have some testing for PCOS and they say I have it but that it's such a mild case of it. The only thing we did the day we conceived was after we DTD, I let him get kids ready to go (we were going to a dinner party and I had just gotten home from an all girl's camping weekend right before, the only reason we DTD was because I was ovulating according to the calendar). Anyways, I stuck my feet over my head and put them on my head board for a good 20 minutes, with the door locked so my 10 year old wouldn't walk in on me lol. That is my story, I'm hoping it encourages you at least, 9 1/2 years of waiting is a long time and we literally are starting over with this baby, we had nothing from the previous two (being military and moving). Good luck to all you ladies!

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor