View Single Post
March 22nd, 2012, 09:51 AM
~Staying Positive~
This is such a great idea, Lucy! I would love to share my story with my favorite gals!

I'm Lindsey (29) and my DH is Chad (32) and it took us 12 cycles of TTC our first miracle. I'm a little over 10 weeks pregnant now and I am due in the middle of October.

So my story begins when I married the love of my life on April 3, 2011, after being together for 5 years. We knew we always wanted a family but wanted to wait until we were married to start TTC. We had an oopsie the month before the wedding and I actually really thought I was going to get pregnant! (little did I know how hard it actually was going to be). So after the wedding, we went on our honeymoon and we were both on board right away to start TTC (we knew neither of us were getting any younger...and we want a big family! ...and I am approaching 30) It took probably only 2 months for me to start getting nervous already and wondering why it wasn't happening. I started using OPKs right away to figure out if/when I was ovulating. After a couple months of that and lots of tears, my sister finally recommended JM to me and told me about the TTC board. I learned about JM in Sept, joined, immediately started learning more and more about TTC and learning more about my body. I started charting, temping, inspecting my CM, OPKs...and I thought the first month of charting, I was going to get pregnant! Boy was I wrong!

In the end, it took us 12 cycles of TTC. 6 cycles using just OPKs and 6 cycles of charting. I've never cried so much in my life! 12 cycles of what seemed like constant tears! I couldn't find anything really wrong once I started charting. I noticed that my LP was shorter than normal (11 days) but that it wasn't actually considered a defect and that I could still sustain a pregnancy. Every month that I'd get a BFN, I would start worrying more and more and more....thinking "what is wrong?!?! SOMETHING has to be wrong... this is not normal" I did a lot of research trying to figure it out. I knew that after 1 year of TTC, we would both get checked out to make sure we were fine. But since I wasn't to that point yet, I just tried and tried to figure it out on my own..... I was always back and forth in my mind with "is something wrong with us?" then the next thought would be "no we are fine" and it was just constant thoughts, fears, worries...

I think it was in November that I decided I needed to stop focusing so much on what could be wrong with us (even though that was easier said than done). But I still could not stop the tears. I felt such a deep depression from not being able to get pregnant. So we started going to church more and I realized that it REALLY helped me. I remember just bawling my eyes out at church during songs and prayer. I just really really starting praying for our little miracle but felt it was so out of reach for us. I was actually starting to lose hope it was going to happen for us.

I knew after 12 cycles of actively TTC, I wanted us to start the process of getting checked out. My DH was going to be getting checked first, since it was less invasive and way cheaper. My dr. wanted to rule him out first. So that last cycle, I had this in my mind. I was wondering "what will we do if something IS wrong with his swimmers?" So I started doing my research on that and learned that vitamins could really help in that dept. A few people on JM recommended GNC's men's vitamin Performance and Vitality. So I started him on those vitamins the cycle I got pregnant. I also had noticed that I didn't produce much (if any) EWCM. So I tried ways to increase my CM. I drank lemon water, ate a ton of carrots, I tried Fertile CM pills. So the 2 new things we tried the cycle we got pregnant were the GNC vitamins and the Fertile CM enhancer for me. And a whole lot of praying!

The cycle I did get pregnant, I still felt like getting pregnant was SO out of reach. Even the day before my BFP, I remember thinking "This is never going to happen." It got to a point where I couldn't even picture it happening anymore. BUT IT DID HAPPEN. I could NOT believe it. It seemed so surreal. After so long of trying, I couldn't believe it actually worked! I felt truly blessed.

All I can recommend is to have faith and don't give up hope. Just know it will happen! And once you see that BFP, all the months or years of trying won't even matter anymore.

Wishing all of you wonderful ladies all of the baby dust in the world!

Last edited by MoonAngel702; March 22nd, 2012 at 09:55 AM.