View Single Post
March 22nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Popping in from the Sept DDC to share our story

We conceived our 3-year-old son after about exactly 6 months/7 cycles of TTC (actually I would say the first few cycles were more like NTNP, we were newlyweds and "just seeing what would happen"). I got pregnant the first cycle we used preseed, and really thought that must've done the trick. After our son was born, we wanted our next child to br close in age...we weren't too picky...somewhere in the 12-24 month apart range. We never prevented, but I was breastfeeding and didn't get AF until I weaned DS at 10 months old (Nov 2009). Then we started hardcore TTC (OPKs, charting, preseed, etc) right away. 7 cycles later, I wasn't pregnant and just had a feeling that something was wrong. We had had perfect timing for all 7 cycles, my charts looked great, but I wasn't getting pregnant. My doctor recommended a semen analysis for DH b/c it was pretty clear I was ovulating. His SA came back absoloutely awful (1.3 million/ml with 36% motility and bad morphology- should be at least 20 million/ml with 50% motility). We were told IVF was our only option, which was very surreal after conceiving naturally only 2 years earlier. Long story short, my DH had varicocele surgery and started on a hardcore vitamin regimine. His counts were up 3 months after the surgery, but still pretty low (12 mil/ml with 50% motility)We conceived naturally 3 months after the surgery, only to m/c soon after my BFP. We also learned about the same time that I had high FSH at the ripe old age of 26 We tried 3 IUIs unsuccessfully in 2011 and it took 12 months after my m/c to get another BFP, again naturally. The month we conceived this time around, the only thing I did different was drink baking soda water and did a baking soda douche to make my CM less acidic ( I read about it in a book called "Making Babies") I had tested my CM with ph strips and it was quite acidic, which can kill sperm and I knew we need as many as possible to survive. I had also taken 80 mg soy isoflavones on CD 5-9, but I had tried that before with no success, so who knows?

My advice: Never give up. Our doctors were always extremely negative about our chances, and yet we have conceived naturally 3 times. Granted, it was not easy, and took over 2 years to conceive #2. But it did happen. Also, don't be afraid to do your own research and try natural methods. Listen to your doctor but know that they are not the final authority. And surround yourself with positive people who will support you in your journey, instead of bringing you down.

Good luck to each and every one of you. I know how hard it can be.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; March 22nd, 2012 at 10:33 AM.