View Single Post
March 23rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Super Mommy
Hey girls,

Surgery this morning was not fun, it was extremely painful. They showed me the lymph node it was the size of a peach.
The surgeon rushed it to Pathology.

The Pathologist called quickly and preliminary results are Hodgkins Lymphoma; cancer.

I have been hysterical all morning. Very glad my mom is with me. We are meeting with the Oncologist in 2 hours. First step will be determining how advanced the cancer is. Then, deciding on course of action. Can't be aggressive until baby is born.

Found out the severe skin itching I have is a symptom of Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Very scary day. Please pray for me.

** UPDATE **

I met with the Oncologist and she is an awesome lady.... Next week, I will be getting an MRI of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis to scan for other infected lymph nodes. I will also be having a bone marrow biopsy to see if the cancer is in my bones. This will help determine what Stage I'm in; I, II, III, or IV.
They will also place a port in my chest for the chemo. Generally the bone marrow biopsy is done under anesthesia but since I'm pregnant they can't, so I will just make it through...

I guess there are some chemo meds that are okay in pregnancy... I'm also going to be seeing a high risk OBGYN from now on to monitor my Bub while I'm going through all of this... My Oncologist has successfully treated other pregnant women with my diagnosis and is currently treating a pregnant lady with breast cancer...

I'm meeting with the high risk OB on Monday and she will let us know when exactly we can start chemo, probably in the next couple of weeks. I will have to go in for chemo every 2-3 weeks. The duration of treatment will depend on what Stage the Lymphoma is in. Of course I will end up losing my hair, but that's the last of my concerns right now.

I feel a little better after talking to the Oncologist, at least I know the next steps now. I just pray to God that the Lymphoma is in the early stage...

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.

Last edited by Mrs_Crystal_K; March 23rd, 2012 at 07:21 PM.