View Single Post
March 25th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Veteran
I've read both The Hunger Games and Twilight, and while I love both, The Hunger Games wins for me.

I loved Twilight because it was a love story. Granted, I could see the authors flaws in a few places but I still really enjoyed it, and would consider myself to be a big fan.

The Hunger Games wins because of how well it was written. Its about oppression and poverty and overcoming a corrupt government, but has beautiful relationships and likeable characters.

Its hard to put into words. The Hunger Games has a more definite place in my heart, and is my second favourite series after Harry Potter.

As for the movies, I saw THG last night. It was fantastic, close to the book and true to its characters.

I love to paint, and last year I painted my favourite quote from The Hunger Games onto some canvas, framed it, and hung it in my hallway. Might sound a little crazy but its one of my favourite quotes of all time. Its: “Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place where I love you.”

Many have likened The Hunger Games to "Battle Royale", a Japanese or Chinese (I can't remember, sorry!) novel published in 2000. I've read the blurb about Battle Royale and while it sounds similar to THG in some aspects, its extremely violent and disturbing and I know for sure its not my kind of book. It might interest you, though

Last edited by RedRose_xo; March 25th, 2012 at 03:24 AM.