View Single Post
March 25th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to Sophiesmommie Send a message via Skype™ to Sophiesmommie
Hello yes I had a similar problem, with both my children. With Tristan I was diagnosed with Iugr (aka a non growing uterus), a faulty placenta, and he had a two vessel cord instead of a three. And at 25 weeks Tristan was born into the world. Sadly 44 days later my sweet baby boy went to sleep due to getting an infection.

With my second child it was the same exact thing poor placenta, iugr, and 2 vessel umbilical cord. I got put on bed rest, 2weekly nst and 1 weekly Doppler flows and growth scans. At 35+6 I woke up to a gush of fluid, it had seemed my water broke and immediately I called the Perinatologist and he had me come in for a Doppler flow scan to make sure. There was no amniotic fluid inside my uterus but my water had not broken where was the amniotic fluid I have no clue. Anyways so the induced labor after 10 hours of labor and 3 times of them trying to induce labor so 16 hours total, Sophie wasn't having it her heart dipped and I had an emergency c-section. I gave birth to 4lbs 8oz baby girl. She just barley avoided the nicu but she is in the picu now for heart surgery. Your best bet lots of rest and positive thoughts. The more you stress the more the baby stresses. Inner Uterine Growth Restriction is a fairly common thing over in the baby and bump forums which I also belong to a lot of moms have been through it. I know quiet a few iugr babies who are perfectly fine. You would be surprised how tough our little warriors are. They are just so strong, sometimes I feel like us (the parents) are the weak ones. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers fellow military wife.

Last edited by Sophiesmommie; April 15th, 2012 at 12:11 PM.