View Single Post
March 27th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm planning a VBAC currently. I honestly plan to ignore anything guessing my baby's weight (my OB with DS was way wrong). It's hard but I'm trusting my body to not make a baby bigger than what I can handle. Most women truly don't make babies that are too big. DS was 8 1/2 pounds. My issue with DS was his position (sunny side up basically) and the fact that I was bed bound by the nurses, so I couldn't move around to get him into better position. He was not too big, even with his almost 15" head. He just wasn't turning correctly with me being forced to be on my back. I really do think that most women who are told that their babies are too big for them really just had babies who just weren't in ideal positioning which is needed with large kids. Being able to move around usually helps move the baby into better position.

The chances for rupture (with no history) is less than 1%. The risk of something going wrong during a c/s is much higher. Even with history the risk of rupture really isn't very high.