View Single Post
March 28th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't beat yourself up too badly. I got pregnant with my oldest when I was 17. Granted, I was a month from my 18th birthday and 2 weeks from graduating high school when I got pregnant, but I was still considered a "teen pregnancy". Mistakes happen. I won't even call it an accident with all the information out there these days.

You say your parents "can not know" that you're having sex. Why not? I'm eternally grateful that my daughter came to me, told me she was sexually active and needed help with birth control. I'd rather know what she's doing than have her try and hide it. Also, if you're spending the night over there, chances are your parents know what you're doing. Parents are people too, and definitely not stupid.

All that being said, ovulation in teens can occur at any point in your cycle, and some times more than once. That teen pregnancy I mentioned? I had unprotected sex the evening of the day that my period ended. I had no sex from that point on for a month or more. I was 2 weeks late before a pregnancy test came up positive. Your body is still easing into it's fertility and your cycle can be regular for awhile and then completely flip on you.

Since I'm a POAS addict, I say grab a handful of tests from the Dollar store and get to peeing.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig