Topic: So tired...
View Single Post
March 28th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I managed to get along, and feel so much better for it! I broke it down into little steps - just put your gym stuff in your bag, just put Zoe in child watch, just go out to the treadmill so you can look in at Zoe, well since you're here might as well run on the treadmill... haha.

There's no reason to avoid the gym, exercise is good for you, and you are fine to continue what you were doing before you got pregnant. Just don't go sitting in hot tubs/steam rooms etc., and don't do too much extended high heart rate exercise. I've just been doing ~30 minutes on the treadmill, and 15 minutes swimming, but have only gotten into exercise again recently. I would not suddenly go to 45+ minutes of hardcore running because my body is not used to it, and I would probably raise my core temperature too much for too long which could cause issues to a developing fetus. That's why you need to avoid hot tubs and steam rooms and the like - they bring your core temp up too much for too long, and will literally boil a fetus. I sit in the hot tub sometimes after my run, and just have my legs and maybe half an inch of butt in the water, and for no more than 10 minutes. I figure that's not enough to cause problems...

Last edited by sarahp; March 28th, 2012 at 08:25 PM.