View Single Post
March 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Here is a little background. I have had 3 healthy pregnancies and 3 healthy children (no complications with them). In Dec. 2011 i had my first miscarriage. The baby stopped growing at 6w1d but did have a heartbeat before the mc. I'm pregnant again. I'm 6w3d and so far no spotting/bleeding/etc so thats good....i hope....anyways. I went to the doctor on monday at 6w0d and they did an ultrasound and there was a heartbeat and the doc said everything appeared to be normal and ok (with the mc they said the sac looked small and wanted another ultrasound and i mc before the other ultrasound) after the ultrasound she did blood work to check my progesterone level. She called me tuesday and said that my progesterone was low and prescribed me Progesterone 50mg suppositories 2x a day (every 12 hours or as close as i could to keep level). My question is: will starting the meds at 6w1d still save my pregnancy or will i still probably loose the baby? I have another ultrasound on april 4th to recheck heartbeat and make sure that its increasing and everything is still ok but that is a week away and its killing me not knowing if my baby will be ok starting the supp that late in pregnancy or if the baby will be ok. Please let me know your stories or my chances. Ive searched online but its not been a lot of help. Please be honest!