View Single Post
April 2nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Castor oil WORKED for me! I took it when I was almost 39 weeks pregnant. It took about 2 TBS on Thursday evening. Around 2 a.m., I woke up having to urinate & when I wiped, I noticed that I had bloody show & had lost my mucus plug. Then the contractions started. I went to the hospital, as they were about 5 min apart for an hour. I was only 1 1/2 cm dialated, so they sent me home. Said to walk & soak in a bath. I did & NOTHING! But late Friday night, the contractions were coming again, 5 min apart...went to the hospital, was 2 cm, so they sent me home. This time, I refused, so I walked around the hospital & the contractions kept coming. After another hour, I went back...they checked & I was 4 cm. My son was born at 2:23 p.m. on Saturday! I tried this with my 2nd son & it didn't work, BUT my doctor said nothing would've worked because he was so high up, I would've had to been induced no matter what. Having to be induced...well, I'd rather not because the contractions are 1000 times worse than not being induced!