Topic: Had Emilee
View Single Post
April 4th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to pop in and say that I had my baby, Emilee Elizabeth. The whole labor was 6.5 hours long, but I don't even count the first couple of hours since I was driving home from work, picking up my son, eating dinner, taking a shower. It wasn't until 8:30pm when contractions were obvious and then I called the doula and she got here at 9:30pm. I was having a ton of pressure and she decided we should go to the hospital. Got checked in around 11pm and I was 9.5 cm with just a lip left. And my water still hadn't broken yet, so no wonder I was having a ton of pressure. I started pushing shortly after and the doctor barely made it. She was born at 11:35pm. She is absolutely perfect and we are all so in love (especially her big brother, Noah). Breastfeeding has been going ok. She has a shallow latch and the LC I saw seems to think it's something that will resolve itself within a week or two as her mouth grows but if not we might go see a cranial sacral chiro to help (she sees a regular chiro right now). I'm also still getting used to sensitive nips and bigger boobs, but overall going well. I'll post a more "complete" story later.

Here's some pics. She looks just like her brother did when he was born.

My Blog