View Single Post
April 7th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I totally get that frustration!!! I had a lot of people laugh at me when I was pregnant with my first.... I got a few really rude comments too. And yeah, it made me REALLY angry. But the best revenge is doing it anyways. I am possibly a horrible person, but I loved going back to those same people and saying, "Oh, actually it wasn't bad at all, no problems." Of course then that gets dismissed with the "well you are just one of those LUCKY people who has REALLY easy labors." Uh-huh, okay.

I really don't understand why people are so mean about it. That's what gets me. I have a lot of friends who don't do a natural birth themselves, but gave me props for it and wished me luck. And that's totally cool. But the downright mean, negative comments? What purpose could they possibly serve? I also got some snorts and eye-rolls about my plans to breastfeed, which kind of blew my mind. But again, I just did it.

And while people will continue to question the choices you make, I found that none were as downright rude and spiteful as they were about the natural birth. so try to just brush it off, ignore, don't engage them... they have no interest in listening.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~