View Single Post
April 8th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Doodlebug
I can give my insight!
I just gave birth in January.

Dh has an 18 year old son that lives with us and I have a 10 year old son and 6 year old daughter.
I nurse around them all.
The first time my son saw it he got a goofy look on his face and I told him "(the baby is eating, don't get all goofy. It's a natural thing".
He's not blinked twice since.
Ss18 has come in and out of the family room while I nurse and has never made a comment. (surprised. )
He doesn't even acknowledge that I'm doing it or maybe he doesn't notice? Idk?
Dh asked me what I was going to do if s18 walked in and I said I'll tell him the same thing I told my son! Don't be a goober! No biggie!
My daughter was extremely curious. And she wanted to see exactly what the baby does and how. No biggie. I wouldn't "encourage" a 6 or 8 year old step son to get all up close and personal to view it or to gawk. Just tell him to just be normal and do what he normally would do.
After all, you wouldn't want him staring at any other women bf'ing. Ya know?
I darn sure wouldn't be segregated off into my room to nurse! Not in my own home!
I started nursing in public recently and I do take care not flash anyone , especially kids. But my dd has recently refused to take a bottle so I feed her when she's hungry. Regardless of where we are. My view is if someone doesn't like it, they can leave the room. And I hate to say it but if any of my kids had inappropriate staring going on, THEY would be the ones asked to leave the room.

Anytime mom is stressed or anxious , it can affect let down. Which affects your baby's milk intake and their health. Other members of the house have to be considerate of that.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz