View Single Post
April 9th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBozeman View Post
It's hard sometimes - my mom is an RN and she's completely freaked out about my not wanting to give birth in a hospital! - but just hang on to the fact that you're trying to do the absolute best thing for your baby and your self!

GL!
My mom is also an RN and a clinic manager for IHC and she thinks I am absolutely crazy for wanting to do it naturally and for laboring as long as I can at home before I head to a birthing center. She is constantly telling me that the epi is there for a reason, and always tells me that "I'm not good with pain." so annoying that people just assume the amount of pain that I can tolerate, and when I tell them that I'm going to be doing the Hypnobabies, they really lose it! Ha ha!

Oh and when I tell people that this will be our first child, they just roll their eyes and tell me that the first one is always the hardest and to "just wait for that pain." I don't understand why people can be so judgmental about something they know so little of. And I won't even get started on the whole breastfeeding subject, that gets even more smirks from my co-workers

My Ovulation Chart