View Single Post
April 10th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I honestly don't think it was that hard! Maybe with all the issues I had making/having the baby, breastfeeding seemed like a walk in the park.

I will say that if you are 100% insistent to BF, you WILL suceed. Don't just "try to breastfeed" or "Hope to breastfeeed" Don't take no for an answer, and don't give up!

A lot of what doctors and nurses tell you, is untrue. It is OKAY for babies to lose weight in the beginning, babies are not born NEEDING food, they can go for several days before your mature milk comes in and be JUST FINE. Don't believe people when they say you need to supplement. There are SOME exceptions, such as low blood sugar, but not very many.

If you need help after birth (Take a class beforehand) call a Le Leche League leader. Locate your chapter before the birth, and get the appropriate phone numbers. Don't rely on the hospital provided lactation consultant. They may be good in some places, but the one I got was HORRIBLE!

Good luck! Breastfeeding is one of the most wonderful things you can do for your child. I love it so much, and can't imagine it any other way!