View Single Post
April 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Marsi's Mommy
I know that I fully intended on EBFing Marsi. With the major bout of PPD that hit when she was a week old, I had to get rest and let DH help. I know in the hospital breastfeeding start was so hard! She didn't want to latch on and the nurses in the special nursery where they kept Marsi for observation were horrible to help with the start of BFing. They wanted me to supplement from the start and it was only through my persistence in telling them no and getting a lactation consultant to help me out that we were able to learn how to breastfeed. It was a lot of trial and error. I started pumping in the hospital. After every feeding, I would finish it off with ah few minutes pumping whether I got anything out or not. Slowly but surely, I got a supply. When I got home, I had to use that automatically because it was colostrum. I have only used Lansinoh storage bags and love them! They freeze flat and with 50+ bags frozen in my deep freeze it is nice to have them take up as little room as possible.

I never took a class, but I watched a lot of youtube videos. I wish I did take a class. I wish that a LC came in right after she was born to establish breastfeeding. I have a lot of frustration toward the hospital because of what happened after she was born.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!