View Single Post
April 11th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
8:45AM arrive in my room, 3cm

9:15AM Pitocin starts at 2ml, contractions start within 20 mins but are not painful

10:00AM Pitocin upped to 4ml, contractions remain the same

11:00AM Pitocin upped to 6cm, contractions remain the same

1:00PM baby's heartrate begins to lower during contractions, I'm repositioned with no change so Pitocin is shut off

2:00PM my water was broken-by my nurse because my assigned dr (not dr I seen throughout pregnancy) could barely find my cervix let alone my water bag. She also put monitor on babies head.

3:00PM Pitocin is started back-up and immediately contractions kick in to the 5th degree

4:30PM MUST GET EPIDURAL!!! 4cm, internal monitor inserted to measure contraction pressure

4:45PM itching from epidural began for 4 hrs

5:00PM nurses come help rotate me numerous times and give me oxygen mask because now my blood pressure is extremely low (like low 70's over low 50's )

6:00PM Pitocin is shut off again

8:00PM 8cm

8:45PM 9cm

9:10PM 10cm and getting ready to push

9:22PM Zariya is born!

Now the TERROR!!!

The placenta would NOT come out!!! So they basically fisted me for a hr. It took 3 doctors...well actually it took 1 (5mins) to get the placenta out. The other 2 were just f*cking abusing me for 55 mins...felt like they were playing paper, rock, scissors in my uterus!

I didnt go to sleep until 2am because they didnt move me to 12:30am. When I got to the new room the nurse would not stop talking and kept bringing things in one at a time.
medicine
papers (for things that wasnt happening until I left)
baby supplies

I mean she literally made 8+ trips back and forth. Finally at 1:54AM (yes, i was watching the clock)
I got to rest til 4AM then she started all over again. I was so happy when her shift ended at 7:30!

We were good after that though.

Well here she is at 5lbs, 12oz 19.5 inches!