View Single Post
April 12th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
It went alright

The doctor said my cervix is thinned out and very soft. I am a little more dilated than I was last week (so a little more than a fingertip now). She was able to sorta get two fingers in to do a membrane sweep. She said I might spot some from it. Hopefully it helps!! She said she can feel her head and all that but she still isnt way down into my pelvis like she needs to be I guess.

My NST and ultrasound was fine...fluid levels and my placenta still looks great (graded it at a 1 - I guess the highest is 4 where they become concerned to get the baby out). Right now she is measuring approximately 7 lbs 13 oz. I think she will probably be around the size Ethan was (8 lbs 4 oz).

My next appt is Friday 4/20 but I hope I don't make it until then. I am not sure if a csection at that point will be suggested or not. We are still taking it week to week which is exactly what I wanted so I am comfortable with that. I am still trying to hold onto hope I will go on my own. I don't really want to wait much longer past 41 weeks though. I am open to another induction with a foley bulb before I just go with a repeat c-section. However, I don't want to be in labor for 26 hours like I was with Ethan only to end up with a c-section. I was so exhausted through all that with Ethan and barely even remember that first night with him. I don't think they will "allow" me to be in labor for 26 hours without progression though since it would be a VBAC.

4/21 is the day we experienced our first miscarriage so the thought of her having that birthday is a little scary. I know deep down everything would probably be just fine...but it is still awkward and makes me think of what ifs I suppose.

It is so weird to know that in less than 2 weeks Emily WILL be here!!! I am still enjoying being pregnant. I am kinda ready for her to just be here though. Only because always wondering what day she will be here kinda sucks haha. I just want to KNOW! I did pack most of my hospital bag last weekend. It's just a matter of grabbing things I can't pack yet until we know when it is baby time.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop