View Single Post
April 12th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Veteran
Hello ladies!

I thought it might be a good time to start a journal, as I have *just* taken the steps to begin fertility treatments after 15ish months of NTNP. I have never been PG (that I know of). I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 18 and put on BCP, which I stayed on for almost 4 years. My longest cycle lasted about 7 months and only ended because I took Provera. I`ve never had regular cycles and my yearly average when not on BCP is 5-6 periods. Because I live in a very remote (as in, there are no roads that lead here!) community, access to health care is hit-and-miss. I am hoping that I can still get what I need from the health care system and that our TTC will be successful!

I have been charting this cycle (I`m on CD42 right now) and have yet to O. I`ve been having EWCM the past few days, although it seemed to be a smaller amount today and since I haven`t Oed yet, I am thinking that it is probably not going to happen this time around.

I started on 850 mg Metformin yesterday and I`m hoping to get up to my full dose (1700 mg) next week! So far I have been nauseous pretty much constantly, although it`s not too severe. Our plan is to stick with just the Met for 6 months and then if nothing happens, we may add Clomid.

Anyway, I am glad to have the company of a few fellow PCOSers along for the journey. Just hoping for a BFP soon!

My Ovulation Chart