View Single Post
April 13th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by NsMommy View Post
Anyone have any tips for breastfeeding?
Like others have said, if you commit, you can do it. There are all kinds of problems that can occur but there is usually a way to surpass them. Definitely get the help of a lactation consultant but also get your hubby to commit, too. My husband didn't let me give up when I was about to with my first son. In the hospital, I was away from my baby for 2 days and he had to have formula while in I was ICU but the lactation consultants were persistent. They brought me bottles and my pump and checked in with me EVERY day to make sure that things were going well. If it weren't for both of them, there were times when I would have given up.
I couldn't agree with this more - DH gives me all the credit for how long I BF Savannah, but I honestly give him a LOT of the credit...at my lowest, most exhausted moments especially when I was sick and I wanted to give up, he'd give me a pep talk about what a great job I was doing and he helped me every way he could, right down to packing my pumping bag every morning

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)