View Single Post
April 15th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd recommend you stop eating out. It's EXTREMELY unhealthy for you and your children both and there are plenty of ways to cook at home and make a healthy meal in under 30 minutes. Things like prepping on weekends (cut up veggies over the weekend so you just have to throw them on the grill or in a wok or pot, or throw them on a plate raw), individually wrap and freeze meats. Pull out whatever you want in the morning before you go to work, it can defrost while you are gone, come home, grill it for 5-20 minutes depending on what it is, cook some veggies while your meat is cooking and bam your meal is done in 5-30 minutes tops. You will save quite a bit in money as well as everyone's health by making your own food. My rule is it has to be done from prep to cook in 30 minutes or less, I cook almost everyday and haven't had a problem yet by keeping that rule. There are also crockpot meals that can cook while you're at work all day.

If you need some recipes feel free to PM me.

Other than that you seem to be budgeting fine. What areas do you feel you need assistance in?