View Single Post
April 19th, 2012, 04:22 AM
It's me
I put the word labor in quotes because I am not in active abor yet, I don't think.

I came in to the hospital yesterday morning with irregular contractions. I figured they would send me home, but it was better to go get checked than not.

When they checked me, they discovered that my water had broken. I hadn't noticed because I've had a horrbe cough for a couple of weeks which makes me pee a lot. So, since my water was broken and thy didn't know when, they said they were going to admit me and start pitocin.

The pitocin did increase contractions and they were fine, so I haven't had an epidural or anything. Also, because my water was broken, they were waiting to do an internal exam until it seems like the contractions were more intense.

After 13 hours on the pitocin, the finally did a check and there's been no progress. Boo. So, they stopped the pitocin, let me eat (yay), and then gave me cytotec(?). I've had two doses of that. I don't know what the next step is. Maybe more pitocin. They don't seem o be alarmed or anything, so that's good.

I am really bored, but I suppose that being bored is better than having some medical drama unfolding. I've been mostly watching movies on HBO on demand. I'll post an update when I know more.