Topic: Bedrest?
View Single Post
April 19th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it just depends on the pregnancy. My doctor was upfront from the beginning and said we would take it one day at a time. I was never on bedrest, and I worked up until the day before I delivered at 36w5d. I actually thought I was going back to work the next day too ... but no

I had an easy pregnany though. I never had contractions (that I could feel) before they induced me, never had cervix issues, etc. What worked in my favor though is that I have a desk job and I was NOT active at all towards the end. The last month, the only activity I had was walking from my car to my desk, and then waddling to the other end of the building a couple times a day to fill up my mug of ice water. At home I spent my evenings on the couch or floating in the pool. My legs would hurt and I would be tired by the time we walked through the grocery store.

I guess what I am saying is that even if you have a fairly easy pregnancy and no reason to be on bedrest, I think you are definitely going to find yourself slowing down BIG TIME towards the end. I was just absolutelly exhausted. In fact my last day of work was a half day (because I had to take tests back to the lab) and I was just planning to tell my boss I needed to start working half days from then on out, because I couldn't stay awake in the afternoon ... but then my OB was concerned with pre-eclampsia and induced me before I could bring it up the next day.

Psalm 139:9-10
]