View Single Post
April 21st, 2012, 10:22 PM
Blessed Again!
Birth story!!!

Wow. What a whirlwind day. April 21, 2012

Went to the gym and the store. Kellen fell asleep in the car at 10:30, so I put him to bed, got the groceries, put them away. Took a bath (because yesterday, you know, they said I was NOT leaking amnio fluid) and went down for a nap. Slept til about 12:30, when Kellen also woke up (Kensley and daddy were at swimming lessons and running errands).

I felt like CRAP. I wanted to eat, but couldn't for fear of puking. I had MAJOR chills, so put on sweats (near 70 degrees) and Kellen and I went outside where I sat in the sun to warm up.

DH got home at about 1:30 and was ready to get more of the swingset up, but I told him I felt crappy and just wanted to sit and rock, so he also said he felt tired but he started the dirtwork just in case (saying it was his motivation).

The kids were playing outside and he was outside, so at 2:00 I went upstairs to take a nap and lay down. I couldn't sleep and at about 2:10 or so:

Whoa.

Contraction. Ouch. Maybe it will go away.

Nope. Here's another.

And they are ALL BACK LABOR. God I hate that.

I started timing them and they were between 3-6 min apart (never felt any before that!) and so told DH we need to GO! Kids are naked, playing in the little pool. He's sweaty, I'm in my pj-sweats. I change, he changes them as fast as he can and I call my friend to see if she can watch them.

We get in the car, I call the hospital to tell them, contractions are 3 min steady, painful and 30 seconds. And we're 50 min out.

We basically threw the kids out of the car with the car seats. They were happy to play with my friend and her little dog

Anyway... Soon, my contractions were 1 min apart and 30 sec or so. I couldn't tell because my freaking watch didn't have the second time on it. It was the worse pain ever, but I had all back labor with Kensley, so nothing new

OK... forward a few minutes. I tell Dh I can FEEL HER and we're still 15 min or so out. I call the hos agin and they were ready for us (so they say). We ran 5 red lights. Got to the hospital at 3:27. I was in such pain with the last contraction, the nurses ran out, pulled my pants down in the lobby, checked me right there and I was ready to push. They did get a bet by me, though in 1 contraction's time, I moved to the bed, they got me to the room. By now it was 3:33.

At the very next contraction, they told me to push "when you have another contraction" and I said, that's NOW. So, I BIG push and out she came. She felt like she was 4 feet long. But they got her! She was born at 3:37. No meds AT ALL. I never thought I would be "THAT WOMAN" but here I am. No tears, just bleeding a bit more (they say normal for such fast labor) and slightly feverish, so automatically had antibiotics.

She's 6# 3 oz, 20 inches long. Beautiful red (or strawberry blonde, but redder than K & K) hair and just as tiny as can be. I never have tiny babies! She's gorgeous.

I'll post pics probably Monday or Tues when I get home. I actually just finished some work and will sleep I hope tonight.

So....

BAby girl is....

Kerris May. Kerris is the anglicized spelling of Cerys, Welsh, meaning Love and there's also a Greek Charis meaning full of grace. May is a derivative of Mary, my loving, loving grandmother (and it's nice because Sean has 2 great grandmother Mary's too). We don't know if we want May or Mae, since she wasn't born in May... I lean to May. What do you think?

There you have it! I'm hot, still a bit freaked out, but we're good!

Mom's coming up tomorrow. It all worked out. I'm really feeling these uterine contractions. Ouch. Blech. but other than that, all's good. She latched on right away and I'm about to feed her again She's sleeping good right now!

Oh, forgot to add: they said it's very rare (near miraculous) to have 2 knots in her chord, but she did! It apparently did not pose much of an issue (don't know if they were downplaying it or what), but I'm just glad she's out safe and sound

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Last edited by redbirds; April 23rd, 2012 at 08:12 PM.