Topic: Bedrest?
View Single Post
April 22nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My doctor put me off at 23/24 weeks because my cervix has changed...I was shocked, I have contractions, but did with my singleton pregnancy too & never ever imagined that my cervix would be changing...it never did with my DD. I cried, was saddened, I tried to talk the doc into letting me work another few weeks. Now I'm almost to my 3rd trimester and am still on partial bedrest (she never put me on full). It is tough with my 3 year old, but even tougher since I'm super active. I listen to my body a lot, but more
importantly I listen to my husband/family/friends (as I tend to push myself and then regret it).

Everyone's pregnancies are different. My MIL held her twins to 41 weeks and never spent a day on bedrest. I have several friends (IRL) who worked until delivery with twins and a few who were put on complete bedrest at 19-25 weeks.

Basically my advice is to expect the unexpected & roll with it...that's what I'm doing. It's hard, but there is no way to predict what & how our bodies handle carrying multiples.