View Single Post
April 25th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had horror stories from the crap people said to me! I wanted to labor as long as possible at home and made the mistake of saying that to a friend of my husband. She said with your crazy plans your baby is going to die and we will send flowers! I was pissed. I also heard the you will have one contraction and change your mind about the epi. I also heard that I wouldn't get a ribbon or trophy or whatever. The same person that said I was going to kill my kid, said I'm still waiting to see your trophy. I remember laying there in transition (this is horrible to say) and thinking I can't give up now, then I am going to have to go back to the people that made fun of my plan and tell them that I failed. Take all the stupid comments and use them to your advantage, think how proud you will be when you can go back and say I DID IT! Even better you will be able to say I did it and it was AMAZING! Honestly, after my natural birth I can't imagine doing it any other way! Beyond the fact it was empowering amazing and the best thing I've ever done. I shutter to think what could have happened if I hadn't gone natural, I wasn't an effective pusher, I pushed an hour and 40 mins with meconium aspiration and heart decels. They let me push and get him out, think how easily they could have pushed me to the OR, and just done the C if I already had the epi in place. I am now hearing I bet you are getting the epi next time, and the answer is no! And I am even more sure of myself with the next one and I'm not even pregnant...yet!!
The anesthesiologist was more supportive than most people, my hospital made you at least meet them she walked in commended me and left, as she walked out I told her she seemed nice but I didn't want to see her again!