Topic: Surprising
View Single Post
April 26th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I too was surprised. I went to a school that didn't have a gifted program (I'm really old ) But I was always at the top of my class & did well. I didn't get a lot of encouragement from my parents so inretrospect although I got A's & B's, I was an underachiever. In doing all the research when Lucy was a baby, I realized I should have been classified as gifted too.

Lucy freaked me out when she started talking at 6 months & said full sentences at 15 months. Unfortunately, her giftedness is masked by a vision problem that makes reading difficult for her. But when you talk to her --- it's so obvious.

Now Noah is my quiet one. He didn't talk much until he turned 4 and then not so clearly. But at 3, he could navigate around the computer without being shown. His preschool teacher didn't think he knew the alphabet or his letters because when she asked he didn't answer. The little bugger just didn't want to answer. At home, he would identify them all. I think he's got more going on inside his head than he lets on. I know he is very bright - time will tell if he is gifted though. If I didn't have Lucy 1st, it would come as a surprise but now I'm expecting it.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah