View Single Post
April 26th, 2012, 05:12 PM
My 2.5 yr old hates being naked. I tried potty training the other day and he was okay wearing the undies but as soon as he started to pee and I'd take him to the potty there was HUGE resistance to me taking his underwear off. And I couldn't get him to sit on the potty for the life of me. For the past couple of months he's been perfectly happy to sit on there as long as he is fully clothed. He has a little friend that he's seen using the potty and he's watched us go. Has anyone else gone through this?
Also, he was horrified whenever he'd have an accident. I was super positive and just explained what was happening while leading him to the bathroom and then when I'd try to help him onto the potty he completely objected. After about two accidents he managed to hold it for a long time and then REALLY had to go. He started crying and getting very upset, asking for the change table instead of the potty. I took him to the bathroom to see if he'd sit and he ended up peeing on the floor, which, again, was okay with me except that he was SUPER upset that he was having an accident...he's a bit of a perfectionist with everything else, so I guess he is with this too.
It's been a couple of days (after that last episode we put a diaper back on and haven't tried since). Anyways, I tried giving him a bath today and he was super freaked out because he thought that he was going to have an accident. He just kept begging for the diaper and crying that he was peeing.
I don't know what to do! I just want to help him overcome his fears. I've kept it positive and put no pressure on him about it all; we're pretty relaxed people but I don't know how to help him!
Sorry this was so long...