View Single Post
April 27th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Que~~ View Post
Along these same lines, I read an awesome article from Mamabirth last night about this subject. It hit close to home for me:

Mama Birth: Letting People Hate Birth
Thank you SO much for posting this, it was very helpful and I think I might need to make some of my co-workers read it! thank you thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCharlotte View Post
I had horror stories from the crap people said to me! I wanted to labor as long as possible at home and made the mistake of saying that to a friend of my husband. She said with your crazy plans your baby is going to die and we will send flowers! I was pissed. I also heard the you will have one contraction and change your mind about the epi. I also heard that I wouldn't get a ribbon or trophy or whatever.
These are exact things that I've heard from some of the people at work and in my neighborhood. They constantly tell me that my baby will die if I decide to labor/give birth at home because a midwife is just a "hippie" that doesn't know what she's doing. I've also been called a cheap hippie because I don't want the drugs. I just don't get how people can be so hurtful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by see_jay_elle View Post
Oh I LOVE to see this! It just kind of reinforces me on my natural birth track, since I'm a smaller person.

But I'm sorry that you're getting so much opposition. So far since telling people I'm considering a switch, I've gotten nothing but support. It's kind of been shocking, because people I expected to judge/make some sort of rude comments have been supportive too. I haven't talked to a judgey girl at work though, so that conversation will be interesting! Just make sure to keep all of THEM out of your head, and keep all of your own positivity in. You'll do great!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who had that concern ha ha! Being small can suck sometimes!