View Single Post
May 1st, 2012, 08:29 AM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
Hello ladies,

My name is Lauren (member of the Feb 2011 playroom and the September 2012 birth club) I have a 14 month old son named Aidan who we are struggling with lately.

Aidan's background - severe reflux as an infant (started at just hours old) put on medication that took the burning away but didn't help the reflux amount, he had to be fed every 1.5 hours to keep gaining weight. He was hospitalized for a stomach virus and they did testing for the reflux at the time and upped his medicine. He was switched to formula at 4.5 months and it was HELL (excuse the language) we seriously tried 10 formulas because if he wasn't puking uncontrollably he was broken out in eczema, hives and rashes along with diarrhea and mucus in the stool, they put him on Similac Alimentum (sp?) but his reflux became the worst it had ever been so he was removed after 3 weeks. Long story short he was switched to cow's milk at 12months per the instructions of his pediatrician and he puked non-stop, had mucus filled diarrhea, vomiting, sever eczema and hives. I quickly stopped that and was told to switch to Lactaid, again the same things continued but I was told to continue it for at least a month to see if the reactions lessened or stopped. He's now 14 months old and just switched to Almond Milk, he suffers with uncontrollable eczema, chronic loose stools which range from loose with mucus to diarrhea, rashes and hives. He has an allergy appointment set up for May 10th and he'll be tested then but I can almost guarantee he's got a milk protein allergy and possibly a soy one as well as seasonal allergies. I feel terrible for him having suffered all this time but his pediatrician refused to refer him to anyone till after a year despite his issues from birth. Oh yeah and he was diagnosed with a heart murmur at 4 months, asthma at 10 months as well as anemia at 13 months

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))