View Single Post
May 1st, 2012, 10:11 AM
Learning to walk in faith
It's been awhile so I figured I would update. I didn't want the first thread to be super pic heavy. The old one is here if you're curious to see where I started (Potted herb garden - planted! *New Pictures 04/06).

As you can see, they're still growing.

Both the rosemary and the basil plants are starting to outgrow my little stand. The other side of the basil is even bushier - I rotated it a couple of days ago and then trimmed some leaves off for a spaghetti sauce I was making.

Being on top seems to have significantly helped my marjoram along.

The dill continues to get bushier.

Alas, though, my poor cilantro was indeed bolting. I'm sad that I no longer have usable fresh cilantro whenever I want it (although I did freeze what I could using a blog I came across as a guide) but coriander seeds are on their way (and they're yummy too!). For now, I'm just enjoying the pretty flowers and all of the butterflies they attract.

There was actually a pretty little monarch sitting on the rosemary plant when I first looked outside, but it flew away by the time I grabbed the camera.

Let's see yours!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my fabulous siggie!

Last edited by Keakie; May 28th, 2012 at 04:06 PM.