View Single Post
May 1st, 2012, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I LOVED the birth center. It was exactly what I pictured in my head, which says a lot because I tend to romanticize (for lack of a better word) things like this and then end up disappointed. But no disappointment here. Their rooms are like nice hotel rooms, and it's a small & intimate place. They make every mom a smoothie & encourage light snacking through labor. And they bake everyone a cake & have a little birthday party for the baby. It was just a really cozy & beautiful place, and cemented my desire to have the baby there.

The only setback comes from my lovely insurance company. My husband was supposed to deploy in June, but the deployment got cancelled the 2nd weekend in April. They were told that insurance would cover them through June while doing some outprocessing stuff, but nope. April 16th (the Monday after they were told no more deployment) insurance dropped everyone. That didn't even give anyone time to enroll in the National Guard program they're all eligible for, so we'll all have to go back through & resubmit any claims. This means that I will probably have to reschedule my appointment with the midwife on Thursday the 11th so that I have time to sort this out & get my new referral from my primary care doctor. So many hoops to jump through! It'll be worth it though

Eventually I'll have a siggy.

My Photography Blog