View Single Post
May 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I served my salad along-side flounder. The flounder was baked in a foil packet topped with butter, onion, and garlic. We all agreed the flounder was both overdone and bland.

For the salad, I combined bits of two recipes from the Betty Crocker Italian Cookbook. Here's what I did:

2T chopped basil
5 cloves garlic (separated)
8c mixed greens
2t lemon juice
1t honey
1/4c chicken broth
1/2 red onion
2/3 each red, orange, and green bell peppers

1) Cook basil 4 cloves garlic, and 2 cups greens in a little oil until greens are wilted.
2) Add lemon juice, honey, and chicken broth to the cook greens. Cook for approximately 3 minutes. Add to fresh greens and refrigerate at least 1/2 hour.
3) Cook onion, peppers, and 1 clove garlic in a little oil. Add to greens and enjoy.

I thought the salad needed more of the broth/lemon/honey mixture. Chris and our dinner guest thought it was fine though.

Chris made a Greek Salad. Not liking tomatoes or olives, I did not have any of this.

Quote:
I like Greek salads but have never prepared my own before. It was pretty simple. I chunked up a couple roma tomatoes, half a cucumber, a green bell pepper, and a small red onion. I tossed all that with Kalamata olives and a dressing made of 3T olive oil, 1T balsamic vinegar, 1/2tsp dried oregano, and some salt and pepper and then topped with some sliced feta cheese.

It came out well enough. It could probably have done with a little less onion and more tomato.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)