View Single Post
May 10th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I am so glad that I've stopped the Depo now! I have been on the depo for 3 years and I've decided I want to go back on the pill. My last injection was in December and was due for my next one the end of March, which I didn't get. I still haven't got my period, almost 2 months later. I have to wait until I get my period before I start the pill cycle. During April me and my partner had unprotected sex, and so when I went to the Dr's to get a script for the pill, she said use condoms and if you still haven't got your period in a month, do a pregnancy test to make sure you're not pregnant. Did one yesterday and not pregnant. However me and my partner have risked it and not used a condom a couple of times and I have no idea if I could be pregnant or not I knew I wouldn't get my period back straight away, the Dr. said it would only take a month or two, but I've been doing my research online and everyone seems to be saying it takes anywhere from 4 months to 1 - 1 1/2 years (or more in some cases)! I feel like i'm in limbo, I hate not knowing what's going on down there! Am I going to get my period next week or next year?! (Not that i'm in a rush to get it back lol, just so I can be back to normal!) I'm not planning to start really trying to have a baby for another few years, so i'm glad I've got off it now, instead of waiting to try for a baby and then finding out it could take another 2 years to be able to get pregnant. Until I decided to stop Depo, I thought it was fantastic, so easy 1 injection every 3 months and no period! But I wish I did my research, if I had, I wouldn't have started it!