View Single Post
May 11th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate calling it that, but I need help! Rachel has started to really develope some behaviors that I don't know how to deal with. Mainly hitting, kicking, throwing a fit when she doesn't get her way or doesn't want to do something (which is quite often). I don't know what to do when she does this. Mostly her anger is directed towards me, sinceim the one with her all the time. I've tried the firm "we don't hit" I've tried time outs (which she hates but I'm not sure they really do much or if I'm doing them right). I have a really hard time keeping my patience when she hits and kicks at me...but would just ignoring the behavior work so she doesn't get any kind of reaction? Last week at Gymboree she hit another little boy because he was on the toy she wanted I removed her from the group but didn't know what else to do. None of my friends with kids this age seem to be having this problem, so I wonder if part of the problem is her brother? She doesn't mess with him really though, and on the off chance she does take a swipe at him she gets time out immediately. I have people telling me this behavior is "normal" for her age because she can't control her emotions, which I understand...but I also feel like it needs to be addressed at this age as well or else she will think its acceptable. Yesterday we went for a walk and stopped by a park, when I told her it was time to go she ignores me, and when I picked her up to put her in the stroller she pitched a royal fit, screaming, throwing herself on the ground, hitting me....etc. what do you do in that situation when you are in public. Any advice would be great because I'm at a loss....

Last edited by taralyn; May 11th, 2012 at 09:04 AM.