View Single Post
May 11th, 2012, 10:54 AM
is loving her two boys!
Caleb has been trying to hit in the last month or so, too. I say "No hit!" very firmly and in a tone that he knows to take serious. Being gentle with my voice doesn't work for us, LoL. If he tries to throw a fit about it, I say "No hit! Go lay down," and take him straight back to his room and make him lie down on his bed. If he tries to get up from the bed, I put him right back into it. I do this until he calms down, and then we hug and kiss and I explain more calmly why he had to have time out. Even if he doesn't understand everything that I'm saying, I know that he will understand it one day soon, and I'd rather be in the habit of talking it out now. Luckily, he's pretty content when we're out in public and has never really thrown a fit, so I don't know what to say about that. In any case, it sounds like you've already been doing similarly to what we've been doing, and all I can say about that is, at this age, it's not going to seem to be working all the time. But consistency is best, and I think it will start to work more effectively as she gets older.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!