Topic: New here!
View Single Post
May 12th, 2012, 10:07 PM
is loving her two boys!
Thank you for all the warm welcomes! I'm glad that this board doesn't seem to be 'dead.' It's always disappointing to try to find help/support for something and get next to no replies, lol. In any case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensMom
What are you wanting to teach, exactly? Are you wanting to kinda keep it fun and have child-led interest learning, or do you want a full blown curriculum, or what? Do you have a budget in mind? Do you sort of have a feel yet what style you'll ultimately teach with as the kids get older? (more textbook-like, more project based, more library book based, etc.)
I'm definitely interested in a curriculum with textbooks, only because I'll enjoy having the structured guidelines (I don't really trust myself to make up the best education for them). However, I want to allow the boys to guide me, as well, going at their own speeds, and I'll be doing activities, field trips, etc, that are outside the curriculum. I'm also planning on teaching them some basics in a second language, which will either be on the side, or part of the curriculum if that's available. I took German in high school and still have all my text books and workbooks, so that will be fun! I'll be so excited to teach them something which means a lot to me. It's something that I can start now while they're so young with their sponge-like brains. I'm not too concerned with finances since we still have a couple years to save up, and we already have a nice little chunk started. So, I'll definitely be buying through an organization that will send me the books.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!