View Single Post
May 15th, 2012, 10:33 AM
bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Stupid freaking Walgreens.

Friday Zach came home feeling bad but by the time he said anything about it our doctor's office was closed so we took him to the Walgreen's Take Care Clinic. I told John *do not let them prescribe him amoxicillin - it does not work on him* he took so many antibiotics when he was younger he outgrew that by the time he was like 3 and has moved on past augmentin to having to take omnicef and generally a steroid as well. John was all "Duh... I know my son's medical history." He said he told the doctor there and she said OK, but she would try augmentin - to which John said OK. Then he gets home and the medicine is amoxicillin. I told him that it wouldn't work. I called Walgreens the next day and told them it wouldn't work. And they basically told me too bad.
Zach isn't supposed to miss anymore days of school so I went ahead and sent him yesterday since he'd been on the antibiotic for 48 hours, so even if he didn't feel good at least he wasn't contagious. He came home with a fever of 102 so I basically said f- the school and kept him home today to take him back to the doctor's only this time we went to our doctor.

And guess what...
He still has a rocking bad case of strep because the amoxicillin wasn't strong enough. And guess what else... they put him on omnicef and a steroid. Thus the $100 case of strep.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14