View Single Post
May 28th, 2012, 05:39 PM

I just have a couple of questions for anyone who has been told they have elevated levels of anticardiolipin antibodies.

A little background first... I have had two miscarriages, both were at 10 weeks and both babies stopped developing at around 8 weeks 5 days. The second one occured in March. Since then I have undergone some recurrent miscarriage tests and the results have shown that I have subclinical hypothyroidism and eleveled antibody levels. I was immediately put on a medication for the thyroid and as of right now I am not too concerned with that. I suspect that the losses were due to the blood disorder.

Now for my questions.

I was told to wait 12 weeks before I retest again to make sure the levels are still elevated before my doc will do anything as far as medication goes. Has anyone else been able to retest sooner than 12 weeks?

If I were to get pregnant before that 12 weeks is up, can I be tested while pregnant? And if so, can I begin medication like heparin while pregnant or does it have to be while TTC?

My doctor told me that taking a low dose aspirin as a precaution would do more harm than good right now because she cannot say for sure that my levels are elevated, has anyone else been told this? I have always thought that one low dose a day would be fine with TTC and while pregnant.

Any information or experiences would be so helpful, this is all so new to me and I am trying to figure all of this out! Thanks!