View Single Post
May 30th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a VBAC/RCS question for you...
I had my 30-week appt today and saw the nurse practioner.

Everything looked great- 18 lb weight gain, bp looks great, strong h/b.

However, she informed me that my doctor would be doing a rcs unless I go into labor on my own before 39 weeks. (WHAT?!)

I asked why, and she said "Oh, statistics show it is much safer for the baby."

Only with Noah did I labor before 39 weeks, just b/c my water had broken, and they had to induce me b/c contractions hadn't even begun. I mean, how many people actually go into labor BEFORE 39 weeks on their own? Sound super fatalistic to me.

I told her that I didn't want to schedule a rcs. Why couldn't I go until 40 weeks? She then said, "Well, in two weeks you can ask her. She MAY let you go to 40 if things are progressing well." So I asked what testing they'd planned to do to see if "things are progressing well" and she said, "there aren't any". ????

I feel like I've had the ol' bait and switch!

DH said "Well, let them schedule- we won't show up."

I mean, I am not anti-cs under necessary reasons, but to just schedule one b/c I am at 39 weeks sound bunk to me.

What do you think? I am bummed.

***my doc's nurse just called (NOT the NP) and said she doesn't know why I was told that. She said as long as the baby is healthy I can go to 41 weeks or more. She said, "you are fine, today looked great, and we are rooting for you". I feel sooooo much better. Still wonder why the NP said that, but remembered that she said her background was in high-risk pg before coming to this office, so maybe that's why. So happy to not feel like I'm on the clock!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

Last edited by Jenn1320; May 30th, 2012 at 06:41 PM.