View Single Post
May 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Wow! Poor guy! It will be really tough for the first 4-6 grocery trips but after that things get easier. If you live near a Kroger they have a great gluten free and health food section. Also, many websites have top 8 free foods. Top 8 free refers to a food being free of the 8 most common food allergies. Eggs, milk, peanuts, and wheat are in that list. Tomatoes are relatively easy to avoid though. Danny is the first person in even my extended family to have more than one allergy aside from my dad who is mildly allergic to walnuts and pecans... He has a TON more medical problems though so we are starting to think his are a repercussion of his underlying immune system issue.

Also, if you are catching them this early and avoiding them there is a better chance that he will outgrow them. I think it is 30% that will outgrow them do so by age 3, 60% by age 6, and 90% by age 9 but I may have that mixed up. Danny isn't outgrowing any of his and is still adding many more and he is almost 5. He told us the stats a few years back so it is very possible that I am wrong on that. I hope the transition is easy for you guys! Once you get a routine it is much less difficult than it is at first.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.