Topic: Parenting....
View Single Post
May 31st, 2012, 09:52 AM
Super Mommy
I have a few friends that I have had to distance myself from since they've had children. One of them has 4 kids from 3 different men and her last husband (she is divorced now and engaged to someone else) let her husband grow and sell drugs out of their home while she was running a 'daycare' for her friends who couldn't afford to pay for a regular daycare. She would let the kids play out in the front of the house all alone. Now that she's not married to that idiot, she's a much better mother, but she had ZERO cares about what her children did when she was with him.
I also have a few friends who basically let their kids do whatever they want, no matter where they are. I have no problem letting your children run a muck in your own home, but when you're in someone else's home, they should be respectful of the people and things around them, not getting into things and running around the house like crazed animals.

Obviously just my opinion, but I would definitely have an issue with a friend letting their child in chest deep water in the ocean. I'm all for picking your battles or not worrying about things when you don't know another person's circumstances, but in this case it sounds like your friends were just being neglectful and irresponsible. Leaving your child in ocean water, alone, while you sit up on shore and drink is grossly irresponsible.

Kelly, you are amazing and I love you! Thank you for the awesomely cute siggy!