View Single Post
May 31st, 2012, 04:35 PM
Veteran
I have no reason at all to believe that my pregnancy might be viable, but I keep managing to find reasons to have hope! I'm 9 weeks along today, and have had 3 ultrasounds since week 5.5, with the last being 2 days ago. No fetal pole was ever seen. My 1st u/s had a very tiny yolk. This last u/s had a blob of something in there but no hb. The tech didn't think it was the embryo. My gestational sac appears amorphous and rather deflated. The tech said she could see some bleeding of my uterine lining. I have had no spotting and the cramps are no different than those infrequent mild pregnancy twinges. I just took a dollar store HPT and it went darkly postive fast, but I know that doesn't mean anything.

So, tomorrow I'm meeting with my gyno to discuss options. I know she wants me to get a D&C because I'm not miscarrying naturally yet. I first want to know if I might have a tilted uterus which is messing with u/s readings, and I want one more HCG test to see what my numbers are doing. I just want to do everything I can to rule out the possibility that it's okay after all. That "misdiagnosed miscarriage" site has me all in a twist!

So, I guess I have no real questions for anyone. I just wanted to get this out of my head. Sigh! This is difficult.

Oh, I'm posting in here because this is my 2nd m/c. I had one exactly a year ago, and have been TTC ever since. That one happened naturally and quickly. Saw heartbeat at week 7, and a week later I was in the hospital with bleeding and severe cramps and bean was dead.

Last edited by Summer Dawn; June 6th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.