Topic: Parenting....
View Single Post
May 31st, 2012, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I too will ditto Michelle. I've been the single parent with the kids that seem to get to run a muck. There were times that after working a full day, I just didn't have the energy or patience to enforce all of the rules that I knew I should. I am sure people judged me. I also know the married parent with a child with some special needs... again, I am sure people judge me. At the end of the day, if it's not comfortable for you to be my friend because of the parenting choices I make, then so be it. I know that I have lost at least one friend because of the choices I make for/with my kids - but this person was someone with only adult aged step children who really had no basis for comparison on what it is like dealing with younger children. She didn't like that I couldn't drop things at a dime to spend time with her, and that for months on end I was "too busy" with the kids and their activities/needs to spend adult only time with her. This came at a time with Stephen where is really did require two adults home with him at all times to help manage his behaviors/tantrums. She didn't see the need, and didn't understand my putting him first.

Again, pretty sure there isn't a right or wrong to this one. Just what feels best for you.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.